|Location|| ||1381 University Avenue|
Healdsburg, CA 95448
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt|
|Minimum Experience|| ||2 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||2 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
This is a unique opportunity to share your work with an organization that cares for the community of Healdsburg, Windsor, Geyserville and beyond.
At Alliance Medical Center, we believe everyone deserves the highest quality care. We provide primary medical and dental care within a broad array of services - including prenatal, a teen center, all ages dental care, mental health, nutrition health services - that help our patients live healthier lives.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of our diverse communities. We provide accessible, caring, and high quality healthcare services. We are a recognized Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) leader in improving the health of our communities. We are proud to serve a diverse population of approximately 11,000 predominantly Spanish speaking patients.
AMC is proud to be eligible to recruit National Health Service Corps Scholars, Physicians, and Registered Nurses with student loan repayment needs with Highest HPSA Primary Care score 16!
Alliance Medical Center is currently seeking a full time (40 hours), Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)/Dental Assistant (DA). This is a regular full time position.
What you will do at AMC:
Primary responsibility will be to assist our Dentists during examination and treatment of patients performing the following duties:
- Assists dentist provider(s) chair-side with all ages patients
- Prepares patients, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials,
and assists dentist during dental procedures
- Performs appropriate dental treatment for AMC’s patients under a dentist’s supervision
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient
- Takes and develops X-rays
-Assists dentist provider chair-side with management of medical and dental emergencies
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control education
- Communicates with patients and family members to explain scope of treatment, explain oral hygiene
instructions and answer questions within the scope of license and knowledge
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist
- Records treatment information in patient records
- Performs data entry tasks, as well as other front office tasks, as needed
The RDA/DA at Alliance Medical Center has the following qualifications and skills:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or High school graduate and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bi-lingual required: Spanish and English
- Registered Dental Assistant or Dental Assistant and X-ray license
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent communication skills (writing and verbal)
- Familiarity with front-office procedures
- Competitive hourly pay, complete benefits package including vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and 403(b) plan with employer matching contribution!
- Positive environment, supportive management team, and awesomely wonderful co-workers!
Alliance Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.