|Location|| ||1381 University Avenue|
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Join an organization which is respected and well loved by the Community we serve!
This is a unique opportunity to share your work with an organization that cares for the community of Healdsburg, Windsor, Geyserville and beyond. AMC is a mission driven organization and offers a unique opportunity to make a difference.
At Alliance Medical Center, we believe everyone deserves the highest quality care. We provide primary medical and dental care within a broad array of services - including prenatal, a teen center, all ages dental care, mental health, nutrition health services - that help our patient’s live healthier lives.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of our diverse communities. We provide accessible, caring, and high quality healthcare services. We are a recognized Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) leader in improving the health of our communities. We are proud to serve a diverse population of approximately 13,000 predominantly Spanish speaking patients.
AMC is proud to be eligible to recruit National Health Service Corps Scholars, Physicians, and Registered Nurses with student loan repayment needs with Highest HPSA Primary Care score 16!
Alliance Medical Center is currently seeking a Development Director (Part time, exempt < 29 hours per week):
What you will do at AMC:
The Development Director is responsible for the development, implementation, reporting and administration of AMC’s fund raising strategies, campaigns and donor relations. Manages fund raising projects with internal and external partners.
- Develops strategic plan to research, identify and target donor funding opportunities, including non-governmental fund opportunities from foundations.
- Writes compelling and successful donor communications/proposals.
- Collaborates with AMC management team and consultants on marketing initiatives.
- Collaborates with and supports the Board of Directors in developing innovative fundraising strategies.
- Establishes and coordinates capital campaigns to meet the organization’s financial needs.
- Establishes and coordinate annual fundraising activities. Develops and expands a base of donors.
- Cultivates relationships with individual donors, corporations, and foundations within and beyond Sonoma County on behalf of AMC.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with peer organizations to leverage joint fundraising opportunities.
- Establishes effective mechanisms for acknowledgement and recognition of donors at all levels. Coordinates donor recognition events.
- Mobilizes and coaches AMC board members, management, providers, and staff to assume appropriate roles throughout fund raising events and campaigns.
- Manages fundraising expenditures carefully to achieve positive financial outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains a fundraising database.
- Coordinates with marketing consultant on press releases.
- Manages special projects and initiatives with internal and external partners as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Development Director at AMC has the following qualifications:
- Project management skills including identifying project goals, organizing project team, developing project plan, assigning or performing and monitoring completion of project tasks, status reporting, issue resolution, project completion, and post-project analysis.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Editing skills.
- Verbal skills including the ability to make presentations to large audiences, serve as emcee at events, speak persuasively with individual donors, and communicate verbally with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining grant funding from a variety of sources, including corporations and foundations.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Interpersonal skills, able to relate to individuals from a broad range of backgrounds, able to negotiate successfully and build consensus.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field, required.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in development, and fundraising, with Demonstrated success in acquiring gifts in all facets of annual giving, required
- Working knowledge of development best practices, education and development, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research, required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive, preferred
- Knowledge of Healthcare Systems, preferred
If you are looking for meaningful work, and want to work with the underserved community, this is the job for you! AMC offers excellent hourly pay with a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, sick leave, and retirement plan with a generous Employer Match!
How to apply:
Click or copy/paste into your browser:
Alliance Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No third party recruiters please.