|Location|| ||1381 University Avenue|
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Reputable Community Healthcare Clinic seeks Medical Director
Join an organization which is respected and well loved by the Community we serve!
This is a great opportunity to share your work with an organization that cares for the community of Healdsburg, Windsor, Geyserville, and beyond.
At Alliance Medical Center (AMC), we believe everyone deserves the highest quality care. We provide primary medical and dental care within a broad array of services - including prenatal, a teen center, all ages dental care, mental health, nutrition health services - that help our patients’ live healthier lives.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of our diverse communities. We provide accessible, caring, and high quality healthcare services. We are a recognized Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) leader in improving the health of our communities. We are proud to serve a diverse population of approximately 13,000 predominantly Spanish speaking patients.
AMC’s Healdsburg and Windsor Medical locations are both recognized PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) sites and we are proud to be eligible to recruit National Health Service Corps Scholars, Physicians, and Registered Nurses with student loan repayment needs with Highest HPSA Primary Care score 16!
Seeking collaborative Medical Director of Alliance Medical Center
The Medical Director is responsible for the quality of good clinical practice at AMC by fostering a robust quality assurance process, and by monitoring the clinical policies and procedures used to ensure quality of patient care with sensitivity to efficiency and cost effectiveness. Maintains good communication with both the provider staff and management helping to resolve operational issues that impact patient care services. Represents medical providers at management and board meetings, and represents management to the medical providers. Participates in budget and operational planning, providing input into the decision-making process of the clinic as a member of the executive team. May provide medical care to assigned panel of patients.
Responsibilities include (not all-encompassing):
Responsible for development, coordination, implementation of physician services objectives for Alliance Medical Center.
- Plans and may conduct training programs for new physician personnel and continuing in-service education of the provider personnel, including coaching providers in the effective use of the medical care team model. Additionally, is responsible for assessing competencies of licensed physician staff after receiving training.
- Ensures that physician staff meet Alliance Medical Center’s expectations to patient-focused care and quality service by ensuring the physician staff adherence of adopted internal and external protocols, policies and procedures.
- Responsible the on-going development and implementation of the medical provider peer review process.
- Responsible for the development of clinical protocols and procedures relative to patient care along with ensuring consistency in implementation of those procedures at Alliance Medical Center.
- Assures continued adherence to adopted internal and external protocols, policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for ensuring that medical areas at all health centers meet with State, Federal and local license requirements.
- Provides clinical support to electronic medical records program. This is to ensure EMR training of provider staff.
- Responsible for provider development by ensuring that provider issues and concerns are addressed appropriately. Works closely with Human Resources and Operations to develop and maintain provider services objectives, standards of practices, provider services manuals and written medical provider job descriptions.
- Certifies consistency in patient care by ensuring that physician protocols and procedures meet State, Federal and local license requirements and is consistently implemented at Alliance Medical Center.
- Responsible for setting the organizational quality improvement goals by collaborating with the QA/QI Department in the program planning, development and monitoring of the QA/QI plan. This includes assuring that HRSA, QIP and PIP clinical measures are meet or exceeded.
- Supports the QA/QI Program by working closely with Operations and the QA/QI department in the development of medical service procedures and protocols. This includes the monitoring of patient satisfaction survey results to identify areas of improvement
- Supports the QA/QI Program by functioning as the primary contact when conducting clinical chart audits as requested.
- Supervises training for all physician staff for EMR and supervises implementation upgrades to training.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of OFH to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Works in Collaboration with the COO to ensure Nursing staff, MA staff, and other clinical support staff is properly train and working to their appropriate scope or duty.
- Establishes clinical quality goals and collaborates with the COO, providers, and medical staff to achieve them, modifying, including but not limited to practices, polices, workflows, standing orders as needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- In collaboration with CEO and CFO monitors and ensures financial viability of medical department.
- Sets productivity standards in collaboration with senior management, in order to ensure financial viability of the health center. Works with CEO to ensure productivity standards are met individually and collectively by the medical department.
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors on issues affecting the delivery of medical services. This report includes update of performance against quality measures.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
The Medical Director at Alliance Medical Center has the following qualifications and skills:
Per HRSA definition as AMC is a FQHC, AMC will accept applicants who are as follows:
Licensed Independent Practitioner (Physician, Dentist, NP, PA, DO) required;
- 5 years clinical experience in Outpatient setting required;
- 3 years Supervisory experience with a team comprised of 5 clinical members or more, required;
- MD/DO, Board eligible, preferred;
- FQHC experience, preferred;
- Obstetrical and/or Pediatric experience, a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish, a plus.
To apply, email through Indeed OR copy/paste and apply through following link:
AMC is an EOE