|Location|| ||1381 University Avenue|
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Reputable Community Healthcare Clinic seeks Director of Behavioral Health
Join an organization which is respected and well loved by the Community we serve!
This is a great opportunity to share your work with an organization that cares for the community of Healdsburg, Windsor, Geyserville, and beyond.
At Alliance Medical Center (AMC), we believe everyone deserves the highest quality care. We provide primary medical and dental care within a broad array of services - including prenatal, a teen center, all ages dental care, mental health, nutrition health services - that help our patients’ live healthier lives.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of our diverse communities. We provide accessible, caring, and high quality healthcare services. We are a recognized Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) leader in improving the health of our communities. We are proud to serve a diverse population of approximately 13,000 predominantly Spanish speaking patients.
AMC’s Healdsburg and Windsor Medical locations are both recognized PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) sites and we are proud to be eligible to recruit National Health Service Corps Scholars, Physicians, and Registered Nurses with student loan repayment needs with Highest HPSA Primary Care score 16!
Alliance Medical Center is seeking a Director of Behavioral Health
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Director of Behavioral Health is responsible for the management of clinical behavioral health services including but not limited to establishing clinical practice policy and protocols, individual/group supervision, case conferencing, quality assurance & improvement, reviewing treatment plans while setting the pace for a high-performance productive department. This senior management position reports to the Medical Director/CMO.
- Provides clinical oversight in the delivery of behavioral and mental health services focusing on integration of behavioral health services into the primary care setting.
- Hires, supervises, and assigns the work of the behavioral health providers and behavioral health case management support staff
- Observes and interviews patients and their relevant medical and social case histories to formulate plans of treatment
- Provides evidence based psychotherapy to effect symptom reduction and improve overall health; utilizes CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem Solving Therapy and supportive Interpersonal Process therapy as needed.
- Ensures quality compliance in behavioral health services either directly or by collaborative efforts with behavioral health and Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Improvement (QI) staff.
- Provides clinical guidance and support related to behavioral health services
- Stays up-to-date on standards of practice for behavioral health providers. Provides assistance training all involved staff in necessary protocols, diagnosis and treatment methods, and clinical intervention strategies for quality behavioral health service delivery.
- Completes assessment of program staff; including annual performance evaluation, performance improvement, identifying training needs and create a yearly training plan to meet those needs.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director/CMO and other AMC staff, develops, organizes, and implements innovative service delivery models (including shared medical visits) to meet patient needs and increase access to behavioral health services within the primary care setting.
- Manage all behavioral health service lines according to Board of Behavioral Science (BBS)/California Board of Psychology (BOP) standards. Directly provide clinical supervision of staff in both one-on-one and in group supervisory settings for the purpose of approving hours towards staff licensing as required by each licensing board.
- Be available for crisis intervention consultation and “warm hand offs” and ensure all behavioral health providers become skilled in delivering these services as needed to support primary care providers in patient care.
- Organize and present program performance detail as needed and directed by the Medical Director/CMO and CEO.
- Maintain good relationships with community stakeholders and partners in behavioral/mental health service delivery as needed.
Current California Psychologist and/or LCSW license required;
- Thorough knowledge of principles, procedures, methods and techniques of mental health emergency procedures such as: 5150, CPS reporting, APS reporting, Tarasoff, depression, anxiety, bipolar, chronic psychotic disorders, substance disorders, eating disorders, personality disorders and willingness to adhere to mandated reporting requirements as stated by law required;
- Working knowledge of generally accepted QA standards and procedures for the behavioral health profession, including proven understanding of standards and practices governing patient/client confidentiality; demonstrate ability to preserve client confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate effectively and relate congenially with parents, children, clinic staff and providers, and community referral representatives.
- Strong organizational/time management skills; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and often stressful environment; demonstrate flexibility in regards to job duties and assignments; ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team to organize tasks, problem solve, make decisions, while handling multiple priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal required; expertise in multicultural and diversity awareness and sensitivity; demonstrates desire and experience working with multicultural/multilingual and diverse populations including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.
AMC is a mission driven organization with excellent pay, complete employee benefits package including paid vacation and 403(b) plan with a generous employer match. This is a unique opportunity to work in a positive environment and make a difference within the community!
How to apply:
Please email your resume with job title in subject line to:
OR fax resume to (707) 385-2148
Alliance Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No third party recruiters please. Please no phone call inquiries.