|Employee Type|| ||Part-Time|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
The Program Director position is responsible for excellence in Apartment Life program management - effectively leading up to 20 Apartment Life programs (up to 10 for part-time Program Directors) within 4 core responsibilities. Key goals include overseeing the Apartment Life programs through leadership of them, managing relationships with clients and ensuring that our clients understand the value of Apartment Life Programs. Specific responsibilities include:
Program management is core to the work of Apartment Life. Program Directors manage fully integrated Apartment Life programs, understanding and working towards our mission and business outcomes.
To ensure Apartment Life Programs flourish in excellence, Program Directors will:
- Oversee the program at the community to ensure the program is delivered with excellence. Specifically:
- Ensuring teams are completing the appropriate services, as determined by the service option selected by the property manager. This includes meeting specific goals within each part of the resident lifecycle, such connecting with residents for welcome/renew visits.
- Ensuring teams produce quality program Summaries and highlights by the 1st of each month.
- Projecting the backfill need 120 days prior to the team's end-of-term and actively working with the team, supporting church, and other recruiting avenues to ensure a backfill team is available to transition the program.
- Overseeing the program at the community to ensure that the team is a good steward of the community and impacting residents. Specifically:
- Develop and implement plans for teams to serve effectively in their apartment community and impact the lives of the property staff and residents they serve.
- Review and analyze monthly summaries to provide solid direction and accountability for teams to effectively meet community goals.
- Provide resources, support and training to the teams to maximize impact.
Team Leadership & Development
Program Directors prioritize a healthy connection with their programs through leadership, development, and accountability. This includes:
- Leading through example and demonstrating authenticity, passion, and joy.
- Conduct quality interviews to ensure potential teams have an accurate understanding of the Apartment Life vision and program expectations and that only qualified teams are approved.
- Providing quality training for new teams by facilitating timely training points during their first 120 days as a team.
- Purposefully keeping the mission of Apartment Life in front of teams.
- Effectively leading and developing teams through monthly group meetings and individual one-on-one meetings and creatively resourcing teams, as needed.
- Strategically viewing each team’s individual results and planning personalized next steps for each team. Specifics include:
- Coaching teams individually towards deeper connection and impact in their community.
- Providing regular communication - with personalized encouragement and celebration.
- Creating and communicating development plans for underperforming teams.
- Walking through conflict resolution when necessary.
- Determining an effective quarterly plan for the collective team to meet regional goals. This plan incorporates goals, vision, celebrating, encouragement, leveraging the teams’ Support Teams, and developing teams.
- Ensuring that teams are good stewards and fulfill all commitments as outlined in their Employee Agreement (i.e. timely payment of Monthly Admin Fee, completion of their 2 year commitment, etc.).
- Receiving and applying feedback in the Program Director's 360 process that indicates strength and growth as a leader in character, competence and culture.
Client Relationship Management
Program Directors view our clients strategically and maintain effective relationships with them. This includes:
- Fostering a relationship with property managers and regional managers. This includes pre-placement meetings, monthly onsite property manager visits and quarterly gifts, expectations meetings with clients (initial 90-Day meeting, subsequent Annual Meetings), and effectively communicating the value of programs to clients.
- Creating an effective relationship between the Apartment Life Team and each client through meeting client expectations, effective communication, timely and excellent summaries and highlights, and conflict resolution, as needed.
- Ensuring that clients fulfill all commitments as outlined in their contracts (i.e. timely payment of monthly fee/investment, completion of the 1 year term, etc.).
- Proactively developing and communicating strategies for the teams to ensure the program meets client expectations and quickly providing resolution when problems arise.
- Working with the Apartment Life Team (and at times regional staff) to highlight the opportunities with the church/outreach groups to see the value of Apartmentlife, engage the team, recruit more teams, and further foster a Support Team.
Program Directors have the privilege of working on a team of regional staff. Each staff member has core responsibilities that contribute to the success of the region. Program Directors should have an understanding of how to work in a team atmosphere. This includes:
- Ensuring Apartment Life's core values are at the center of decision-making and consistently communicating and re-enforces core values to their teams and fosters a culture in which core values are "lived out.”
- Viewing their individual goals as part of the common regional goals in recruiting, growth, people impact, client relationships, and operations and strategizing on how to be an active part in making the overall goal a reality.
- Working cooperatively with sales team members on recruiting new teams and using their connections with current client to open doors for new opportunities.
- Ensuring their administration time is consistent and effective and understanding that their individual tasks (i.e. updates to database) impact the work of others and how our clients perceive value.
One of our organizational principles is to define corporate, regional, and individual goals to maintain a united focus on the vision and mission of Apartment Life and to ensure all employees have a clear picture of success for their region and specific position. The critical success factors for this role include:
- Model Apartment Life's core values and adhere to best practice.
- Collective performance of CARES Teams led by the Program Director including meeting regional goals, and program success indicated by satisfied clients and teams serving to full tenure.
Background, Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree required. 3+ years experience in community outreach, leadership development, and client account management experience preferred.
The skills necessary to execute the requirements of this role are:
- Communication skills (verbal/written)
- People Management Skills
- Multiple account management
- Conflict resolution
- Tech/Computer Skills